Sunday, July 12, 2009

When nothing else mattered to us except being together! Wedding pics 8-20-05

I cant believe how young we look in these wedding pictures...of course i didnt feel like i looked that young when i got married...haha...Its fun to look back and remember that wonderful day!!
When i pulled out these pictures i didnt realize how much we have changed over the past 4 years. When we got married not a lot of people where on our side...so with little help, we had to put the wedding together ourselves. At 18 & 19 yrs old we bought everything to decorate and to make a wedding happen, my dress, food, invitations...yeah everything...It really made us grow up fast.I know that Tim wasnt the standard by the book perfect return missionary that i was suppose to marry but he is what is perfect to me & for me.
Being married to a convert has really made me realize what i took for granted growing up in the church...our families life styles, how we were raised so differently...to look back and see how easily Tim excepted the church and has learned to live and love it...What a great example to stop and change everything in your life...What a blessing to know that Heavenly father & Tim decided to be that example to his family and friends long long ago. I cant imagine being with anyone else except Tim, i can truly say he is my best friend. Since we have spent the last couple months apart its made me realize how much we really do need each other. Love you Timmy!!!

3 comments:

  1. There's no by the book perfect anyone, only repentant :)
    I love the Savior's parable about the Laborers in the Vineyard in Matthew 20:1-16 (http://scriptures.lds.org/en/matt/20/1-16#1)
    We all have the opportunity to get the same pay from the Lord no matter when we have joined.
    The Lord doesn't use our baptism date to determine our worthiness, but the date on our temple recommend and the date we last took the sacrament...
    You and Tim are going to be terrific LDS parents. My mom and dad didn't even know about the church until they were in their late 30's and both had been through other marriages, alcoholism and abuse. Yet, see how the Lord has blessed them because of their faithfulness. they weren't "by the book" raised in the church members but when I look on my membership record and see the dates of the significant events in my gospel life ( my baptism, being ordained a deacon, teacher, priest, elder, and high priest) the name of the person who performed those ordinances for me is the same - Paul A. Stanfield. The name of the witness on my Temple sealing is also his. So, I am confident that the name next to all of the ordinances your children will recieve will be Tim Deloach and one day they will write to your grandchildren of how much they appreciate their dad's faithfulness following his baptism into the Church.
    Imagine, you now carry the children who will one day bare your grandchildren.... It really does go by quickly.
    I love you both and continue to pray for His tender mercies upon you both as well.
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you mean by different backgrounds and lifestyles. Josh is a convert too, but I would have it no other way. He makes me stronger in everything I do. You looked great for your wedding and I think you look great now. You're going to be great parents. I can't wait to come back and see your little twinners! P.S. You guys got married a week before we did- we got married on 8-27-05! Josh's bday is 8/20 so we waited so he had a separate day to celebrate. =) P.S.S. What is your email address? Mine is thebottjers@yahoo.com-- drop me a line so we can chat about the strollers and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you both. I'm so glad Tim married you and he found the love of his life. He's been through alot growing up. Heck all of us siblings have been through alot growing up. But when he met you he changed into a wonderful man and I am proud of him and you. You 2 will be terrific parents. I love you both and cant wait to see you all on Tims birthday. If you need anything at all call me any time. Love you SIS!!!!!!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Followers