Sunday, March 7, 2010

Its literally impossible to hide…

YUP! Im pregnant and couldnt be happier. This time around i decided i would hide it from everyone until i was 10 wks (and i had fun doing it!!)- i told my family on Christmas Eve that we were pregnant...with twins, it was amazing to share that with them on the due date of my previous set of twins, it was a bitter sweet day. I had my family keep it a secret until i was past 14 wks, at 14 wks i had surgery and had a Cerclage done (you get a Spinal, then the doc basically sews the cervix shut so it cant open until they take the stitch out). After the Cerclage i told anyone that noticed, but i didnt really ever want to make some sort of an announcement...This pregnancy is extremely scary for Tim and I and its hard to get excited and buy things or even talk about our future with the babies cause we know just how fast that all can be taken away.
I started full time bed rest at 18wks (but have been practicing it...not doing anything since i got the Cerclage at 14wks). I am still working from home but now work from my bed on a laptop. I would go CRAZY if i wasnt working 8 hrs out of the day, it keeps me busy and my mind off everything thats going on. The worst part of being on bed rest is the weekend...After 5 days- after work watchin tv or reading im really not wanting to spend all of Sat & Sun doing just that. But its only two days so i cant complain.
Tim has been AWESOME about the whole bed rest thing...meaning he has to do EVERYTHING for me. Make me dinner, do the dishes, fold & do the laundry, clean the house, and most importantly serve me...lol. I felt kinda bad at first asking him to get me a drink and then some food 5 mins later but now we have a system and he knows what i need and want so it works out well. He doesnt complain about it and is always telling me to drink more or not push on my tummy to feel the babies...haha, its cute. But i think that he doesnt mind doing everything for me this time around since he wasnt here with me at all during my last pregnancy and couldnt take care of us, and wants to make sure he is doing his part and doing all he can to help keep these babies inside me!!
We are having a Boy and a Girl- Just like last time...its crazy we would get one of each both times. Its a bit scary cause that makes it feel similar to the last pregnancy when i wanted this one to feel totally different, but if i am unable to get pregnant again at least we will have one of each, so we are excited.
I am 19 wks 3 days today, my due date is July 29th. I am doing weekly injections of Progesterone to make sure i dont have any contractions. I am seeing PPA (Phoenix Perinatal Associates) they delivered my son and daughter last time and know all about my history. I started out seeing them every other week but now i see them weekly, AND the best part about it is i get weekly ultrasounds and they do a cervical length! I have seen my babies soooooooo many times, I LOVE GOING to the doctor!
This pregnancy has already been a different experience with me being on bed rest, having my Cerclage in, going to PPA weekly, but all in all its still really hard to be confident that this time everything will turn out okay. I feel comforted this time around but the scary thing is i felt comforted the last time as well...once i pass 24 wks i am hoping we can feel a new type of comfort!!

11 comments:

  1. Again, I am SO happy for you. And you are doing so great (as is your husband) to take such good care of your babies. Did you have to do fertility stuff again? (If I remember you did last time right?)
    My situation was no where near what yours was, but because I started contracting and dilating at 22 weeks last time there is a chance I will be is the same routine you are with our next baby. I can't wait to continue to hear your progress and some boring nothing is happening updates until those babies are well done.
    Lots of prayers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you Eve and love you so much! Make sure to continue to keep us all posted and we will continue to keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, i did do IVF, just like last time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh im so happy for you and tim! im sure tim is doing a great job waiting on you!!! way to go tim! you look so cute prego! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eve, you are so amazing! I am so happy that things are going well so far. You are super cute prego girl! And with twins! Very exciting. I will remember you and your little ones in my prayers. Keep those little ones warm and toasty in there. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing great little lady!! Take it ALL in!! The weekly ultrasounds were by far one of my favorite things about the pregnancy and definitely a highlight for bedrest days and getting out for a few hours. I hear so much of what you are saying and know exactly where you are coming from!! Bedrest seems to last forever, but it is totally worth it (but, you already know that). Keep on keeping on! Whenever you need some company, don't hesitate to call me! Seriously!! I'm so happy for you and you are always in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Eve! I'm so excited for you! Congrats. Here's praying that you don't go crazy and that those babies stay nice and comfy right where they are. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am soo happy for you guys!! Hang in there girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your belly very cute!!! You make a very beautiful preggo woman!!! You and time are gonna be such great mommy and daddy!! So has the babies had the hickups yet lol. The first time bella did that it scared me lol. Hopefully they dont kick you in the ribs to much lol. Well enjoy your being pampered and waited on lol by Tim. I am so glad he has you. Your wonderful and we all love you. Keep your head up it will be no time before them beautiful babies are in your and tims arms but i know we all have to be patient and wait lol. Love you sis tell my brother hello for me. God bless and we will keep you all in our prayers.

    Love Michelle, Jim, Isabella & Abbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for you too. I heard rumors but wasn't for sure. I wish that I was there to help you. We will keep you in our prays.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eve, I am so excited for you! I hope and pray that things continue on as they have so far. Just do whatever the doc suggests and keep your feet up! Sounds like you have a wonderful husband to care for you. That is great! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Followers